Premature ejaculation, as the name suggests is a medical condition in which an individual ejaculates before he wishes to, during a sexual activity or intercourse. This problem experienced by men results in unsatisfactory sex. It is one of the most common sexual problems experienced by men these days. There are several reasons that lead to such a situation. In order to overcome this problem, it is necessary to have an understanding of the causes that lead to this situation.
Causes of premature ejaculation
- Abnormal changes in hormone levels.
- Nerve damage.
- Infection in urethra.
- Abnormal reflexes of ejaculatory system.
Erectile dysfunction – This is also a common issue which can further lead to early ejaculation. If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, it is better to take proper treatment to prevent further sex issues.
Stress and anxiety – excessive stress can also affect your sexual health and lead to such a disorder.
There are several other reasons like eating unhealthy food, poor lifestyle etc. that can result in such a situation.
There are several effective techniques which can be used to treat the problem of premature ejaculation. Some of them are as follows.
- Behavioral techniques – these techniques involve simple steps like practicing masturbation before intercourse. This can help you to delay the ejaculation while having sex. Taking some gap between the intercourses is also recommended by doctors to control the situation.
- Topical anesthetics – such creams contain anesthetic agents like prilocaine or lidocaine that numb the organ. These creams can be applied some time before having the sex. It reduces the sensation thereby delaying ejaculation. Though these products are effective in many cases, they can sometimes cause side effects like reduction in sexual pleasures etc.
- Counseling – anxiety or emotional trauma can also be a reason behind the sexual problem. Getting in touch with a counselor can help you in overcoming the situation. This in turn will help you in enhancing your performance in bed.
- Oral medication – you can visit a doctor and get a prescription for drugs for resolving your problem. The doctors will prescribe the medications which will reduce the sensations and allow you to take complete sexual pleasure.
Following a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy food can also aid in the process. Do not forget to include zinc rich food products in your diet as they are good for sexual health.